In this episode, Cynthia Cole, IP & Technology Partner based in Palo Alto, is joined by Jerome Tomas, Chair of the Firm’s Securities and Exchange (SEC) and Financial Institutions Enforcement Group based in Chicago, as the two discuss the SEC’s recently issued Final Rules for Cyber and what this means for public companies. Listen in to learn more about:
- Why should you care? The SEC has brought enforcement actions before based on data breach disclosure-what’s different now?
- Will this bring on a flood of disclosure about security incidents?
- What is the “materiality” standard and how does it apply here?
- Do the final rules actually do away with the aggregation of incidents principle as outlined in the proposed rules?
- How the SEC will be checking your defined terms in your incident response plans-make sure your terms are consistent across all incidents and across all functions
Read our key takeaways blog post on the Final Rules here for more information.
Want to learn more? Stay tuned for more podcasts and subscribe to the Connect On Tech Blog at www.connectontech.com.