In brief On February 28, 2023, the European Data Protection Board (“EDPB”) published its non-binding opinion on the European Commission’s draft adequacy decision for the EU-U.S. Data Privacy Framework (“DPF”). As we have previously written, the DPF is intended to re-establish one of the legal mechanisms for transfers of personal data from the European Union (“EU”) to the U.S. The DPF replaces the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield (“Privacy Shield”), which the EU Court of Justice (“CJEU”)…
- Data Protection Day – Key developments and looking ahead to 2022
- SEC’s Proposed Updates to Reg S-P: How Will This Impact Your Company?
- Podcast Episode: Cyber Risk and Resiliency: A Call to Board Members and Public Companies (Part 1 of 2)
- Copyright Office Issues Official Guidance On AI-Generated Works
- HR Implications of the Data Protection and Digital Information Bill (No. 2)
- China proposes significant reorganization of data protection regulatory structure
- UK Data Protection Reform – UK Government introduces second Data Protection and Digital Information Bill – what has changed and what has stayed the same?
- Federal oversight of cyber threats to critical infrastructure continues to gain traction
- European Data Protection Board Raises Concerns on Proposed Data Transfer Framework